Friday, August 12, 2005

They'rrrrre Gonna Put Me in the Moviiiies!

They’re gonna make a big star out of me . . . All I have to do is act naturally. Which is true. Sort of.

The owner of the Regent Theater, where Bye Bye Birdie was performed, approached me after a rehearsal and asked me if I'd be interested in doing a short acting stint. Very short. It seems I look just right for a character in a small indie film he's producing, based on a play he wrote (and which was performed at the theater) about teenage homelessness. I said, "Umm..." and he told me more. It would only take one day, because the character is just in one scene, and only has a few lines. "Well..." I said, and before I knew it I was in the cast. I joined in on the first read-through with the rest of the volunteer cast (which includes a couple of professional actors, some acting students, and some people like me). So now I'm trying to let the character percolate into my brain.

I'm playing Pops. A street bum.

I'll definitely keep you posted on the progress of my career in film.

4 Comments:

At 10:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*He's* the bum! I auditioned for his little movie a month ago, he casts me as an extra and does he get back to me to let me know filming's delayed? Nooo! Honestly, some people!
(Heh heh, sorry, I just found this blog..)
...Hannah Allen

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Jeffrey A. Carver said...

You're going to be in it, too? Cool, Hannah -- or should I say, Titania? Or, perhaps Injun Joe? (That you, Yoop?)

I wonder if we're going to be in the same scene.

Actually, I haven't heard a word since the read-through. Might be time to ping them.

 
At 6:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jeff, I think you need to queue the Twilight Zone music here. Think of the parallels: Richard Hatch was an actor, and now he writes BSG novels. You're an author, and now you are going to be an actor!

 
At 6:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yer gonna have to grow that beard, Jeff....
-Jo

 

Post a Comment

<< Home