Thursday, July 21, 2005

Writing Progress

While doing all this home renovation, I have been trying to keep the writing projects in motion.

The page proofs for Battlestar Galactica: the Miniseries have arrived, so it's time to go through the novel one more time. Advance reading copies are probably being printed as I speak, for the sales department and chain buyers, etc. Still awaiting word, though, on actual approval by the studio.

Meanwhile, I've been trying to return to work on Sunborn, the fourth book of The Chaos Chronicles. As usual, when I return to my own work after some time away, my eyes react to the sight of my manuscript like Teflon to water. It's maybe a little worse this time, because this first draft has more than its share of problems. Oy. Does it. I've got my work cut out for me, rewriting and taming this book. I may need that chain saw again.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 4:52 PM, Blogger Harry said...

Keep at it, Jeff! We're all looking forward to Sunborn.

That brings up Questions About Writing #8 (or do you already have #8 in the queue?): what do you find best when writing, to pound out a first draft ugly as can be and then edit the whole thing based upon that or do you also do some in-place editing while writing the first draft? I'm sure this is a personal choice and likely varies from writer to writer but I'm just wondering as I've finally begun some short stories again and right now I'm editing and reworking as I go instead of trying to finish the piece and then go over it. Makes for slow going but I hate writing more when earlier portions are obviously awkward.

Thanks.

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Jeffrey A. Carver said...

Excellent question #8, Harry. I do have some thoughts on that. (But no time tonight.) Look for more on the subject soon.

Jeff

 

Post a Comment

<< Home