Thursday, July 21, 2005

Rocket Ride, Redux

My short-short story, "Rocket Ride: a Short Day's Journey Into Space," saw its second publication (slightly updated) last weekend, in the travel section of the Dallas Morning News (sans title). It's a fun little piece that I wrote originally on commission from the Boston Herald travel editor, at a time when the Ansari X-Prize deadline was looming. Now, that prize has been won—which was why I had to update the story slightly.

Funny how these things happen. I've probably earned more per word, and per hour, on this story than on any other piece of fiction I've written. (Which tells you that, by and large, fiction doesn't pay all that well.) I wrote it while on vacation at my in-laws in Puerto Rico, sitting under a cork tree.

Oops. I see you need to be registered to get to that link I put up above. Odd, I viewed the story just fine by following links to the travel section. Oh well, you can see the same story on my web site, if you're interested. The pre-updated version, at the moment. Until I get around to uploading the changes.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home