Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Galactica One Step Closer

I finished correcting the proofs for Battlestar Galactica today. A book always feels different when you see it typeset, and I'm happy to say that it I was pleased by the way it came out. I enjoyed reading it (not always true of reading my own stuff), and I got excited in the right places, and felt for the characters in the right places. So my hopes are high. Still no official word from the studio yet, but assuming nothing goes wrong there, it's in Tor's schedule for February 2006. If the Good Lord's willing and the creek don't rise.

At the same time, life just got busy on another level: we started dress rehearsal for Bye Bye Birdie at the Arlington Children's Theater, and as I'm the head sound guy, I have to be there a lot, trying to get the sound to work out right and training a couple of new people—other parents who want to learn sound. That's going to take up a lot of time for the next two weeks. My own kids are in four performances of the blue cast, plus there are four other performances by the red cast. It'll be fun, but tiring.

I haven't forgotten that I promised to write about rewriting, per Harry's query. Just haven't had time to do it yet.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home