Thursday, February 21, 2008

Sunborn in October 2008

How could I forget this? I have word now that Sunborn (the continuation of the Chaos Chronicles) is firmly scheduled for October of this year, from Tor. That's the hardcover. I don't know yet when the paperback will be out, probably a year or so after.

Meanwhile, a reminder that you can read the beginning of the book online right now!

By the way, one of the many things I'm thinking about doing is getting some decent recording equipment and producing my own podcast or audiobook-style readings of some of my stuff. This is something that author James Patrick Kelly has been doing pretty successfully. What do you all think? Should I start with some short stories, or do Sunborn? Lemme know.

"I have written eleven books, but each time I think, 'Uh oh, they're going to find out now. I've run a game on everybody, and they're going to find me out.'" —Maya Angelou

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say do a short story or two first and see how you like it. After all it wouldn't be much fun to take on a whole novel and discover it's just one more project you have to do and not enjoy it. Of course that's just my opinion, your mileage may of course vary!

-tsmacro

 
At 11:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay on a publication date!!!!

From a purely selfish standpoint, I think that the idea of a podcast is neat, but at the same time that would probably just be enabling my obsessive-compulsive downloading of more podcasts than I can ever hope to listen to. :-) One word of warning is that some podcasters I listen to say that podcasting is kind of a no-turning-back thing, that if you stop, people might get upset. Maybe tsmacro is right, you could try one or two short stories just as a trial to see how you feel.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger Charlza said...

Wooohoo @ pub date!

Podcasts might be cool, but I've pretty much sworn off podcasts. I barely have time to read the enormous list of books I've got and it keeps growing. I'd try to listen, but I can't guarantee it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home