Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Turkeys Afoot!

It was about six weeks ago that I first encountered the family of wild turkeys on the bikepath near our house. I was walking Captain Jack when I came upon them: two adults and four youths, taking their own stroll. They didn’t seem very concerned about us, and Jack didn’t seem terribly interested in them, which struck me as odd.  Here they are on August 6.


We’ve run into them probably about once a week, since then. Here they are today, September 17. The young’uns are quite a bit bigger now. I took this picture about ten seconds  before Captain Jack pulled the leash out of my hand (I was trying to email the picture) and bolted after them, chasing them into the trees. No one was hurt. No harm, no fowl. Heh.




Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At 4:45 PM, Anonymous MaryA said...

I would just like to point out, Jeff, that Jack never bolted for the birds when he was out with ME. (Of course, whenever I spotted the birds (fortunately, always before Jack did), I gripped that leash like it was the last lifeboat on the Titanic...

--MaryA

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Jeffrey A. Carver said...

On the other hand, you probably weren't holding the leash under your arm while trying to use both hands to take a picture and then email it. Confounded equipment.

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous MaryA said...

Well, no, I wasn't, but I'm sure I coulda if I wanted to, BUT!!!-- I'm not gonna bother now, since you already did it, and I only do ORIGINAL dog-walking challenge activities!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home