Saturday, August 25, 2012

Return of the Cyclist

My daughter Lexi has returned from a bicycle ride that took her from Boston up and over to southern Vermont, then down to Bard College (her alma mater) not all that far north of NYC, and finally back home to this suburb of Boston. She's one tired athlon. I didn't lift a finger, but a tip of the hat to the friends and strangers who helped her or put her up en route. 

She has started a blog of her own, by the way. It's called Of Chains and Grace. It's about her walk with God and the Spirit, and if you're open to that way of thinking, you might enjoy it. She doesn't hold much back, and I find it beautiful and moving. (But of course I'm her father.)

Yes, this is the same daughter who used to be on her high school wrestling team. She's now in graduate school in mechanical engineering, building on her undergraduate degree in math.

Kids these days!

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Anonymous Rich said...

I took a look at Lexi's blog. That's quite a daughter you raised there.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Jeffrey A. Carver said...

No doubt about that. But I don't know how much credit I can take for the raising part. She keeps surprising me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home