Friday, July 27, 2007

Buckaroo Banzai, Monty Python, and More

Lori White from the Launchpad group pointed out an interesting article to us: guitarist Brian May from the rock band Queen is back in school, finishing his doctorate in astrophysics! Seems he was studying astrophysics in the first place, before he dropped out to form Queen. But he couldn't get rid of the astronomy bug, and now he's nearly completed the studies he began back in the 1970's. (I'll bet he had some catching up to do.)

As Vonda McIntyre pointed out, he's a real-life Buckaroo Banzai!

One of the quirkier memories from last week is our group singalong of The Galaxy Song, from Monty Python:



(If this worked right, you should see a little menu showing some related videos. Check out the updated version of The Galaxy Song. It has a rough beginning, but once it gets going, it's good.)

Me, I've got to get back to the writing board.

"When I write, I feel like an armless legless man with a crayon in his mouth." —Kurt Vonnegut

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:54 AM, Blogger Charlza said...

haha, I've always loved that song...it reminds me of a similar song The Animaniacs did.

That's a great connection to Buckaroo Bonzai. I never would have guessed Brian May was an almost Astrophysicist. I need to watch Bonzai again now.

 
At 7:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great stuff, gotta love Monty Python! I actually have a 45 (if you have to ask you're too young! *L*) of the Galaxy Song and If I remember correctly Every Sperm is Sacred is on the flip side. Of course I was kind of hoping you had a recording of your group's version of the Galaxy Song, that'd probably be entertaining! *G*

-tsmacro

 

Post a Comment

<< Home