Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Sunborn Update

Since Sunborn (Chaos Chronicles Book 4) has been delayed until Winter 2008, it got pushed back on my editor's desk while he dealt with a couple of other books. This is frustrating in that I haven't heard any reaction to it yet, but at the same time it's giving me some additional time to continue the editing at my end. So I'm still going through it, doing polish and cleaning, and fixing some problem spots pointed out to me by my intrepid writing group and by my wife. (Well, okay—I didn't do diddly on it for about 3 weeks during the holidays—but I'm back to it now. When I'm not doing taxes; see other post on that.)

On the one hand, I feel pretty good about the way the book came out. On the other hand, I'm ready to kick it out the door and move on to something new. Like Chaos Book 5, which I've written the first page of, just to get it started. Or maybe finding a new business model for being an SF writer. I think I feel a post coming on that subject. Later, though.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At 11:27 AM, Blogger Charlza said...

well, they've at least given me a larger window of time to re-read the first 3 books :)

 
At 7:52 PM, Blogger substandardTim said...

i just recently reread the first three so I didnt need the extra time. Right now I'm making my way through Orson Scott Card's Ender series. Although my love for the series grows a little smaller with each book for some reason.


If you develop a new business model for being a sci-fi writer let me in on it, I need one. As well as a good business model for being a musician. I don't want to use your blog to promote myself but if you'd like to hear some of my music goto ripcordrecords.com.

Awhile back I asked you a question about the idea of one of your books being turned into a movie and you said that hollywood had never come calling. An idea occurred to me today (dont ask me why I was recalling a blog conversation from many months ago), have you ever tried writing a screenplay adaptation of one of your books and having an agent shop it in hollywood?

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger Jeffrey A. Carver said...

I plan to open the whole subject of new business models here, and see if any of you have ideas that we can knock together.

Re writing a screenplay on spec, based on one of my novels...good idea (maybe), but who has the time? Actually, there may be someone who does have the time. A theater writer and director in Ohio is planning to take a crack at it, with my blessing. We'll see if anything happens. It's a definite long shot. How many SF novels do you know of that have been successfully made into movies (that is, novels by living writers--Dick has been having quite the time in recent years, but unfortunately for him, he's dead).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home